Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantgnome

Specimen Shrub Garden

plantgnome
11 years ago

I am new to this forum, here is a morning shot of my Specimen Shrub Garden, going crazy from all the rain. Mostly Viburnum, Sambucus, a coral berry and assorted hydrangea-nothing in bloom yet.

{{gwi:253948}}

Comments (6)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

very nice ... lots of love in that garden ...

would you prefer my drought???

thx for the pic

ken

• plantgnome
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you-I love gardening its my peace time-no thanks to the drought question. Last time we had a drought my water bill was $300.00-and I didn't have a sprinkler system and I had to run around with hoses and huge sprinklers. Finally had a system put in last year.
    This is the central point-my Guincho Purple Elderberry-he's 4 years old.
    {{gwi:253949}}

• alexis717_df
    11 years ago

Lovely. When they all grow up it will look just like a mini forest. Just the style I like. :-) Can't wait to see it in a few years.

• plantgnome
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you I keep the shrubs well trimmed-already trimmed the sambucus twice. You know what they say-first year they sleep, second they creep and third they leap-I guess this is leap year!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

That looks beautiful! I love your purple elderberry. May have to look for one of those. I am about to start working on a new shrub border.

• plantgnome
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you cyn427-Its a beautiful shrub and extremely hardy-I have trimmed it twice already as it would take over the area. I started this garden for the bird interest with the berries-but my viburnum, which I planted with mates, have yet to berry. So right now its just pretty to look at. Purple Guincho and my Black Lace elderberry is the only ones that flowered this year.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting