Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calgary Carpet Juniper tips yellowing

Posted by mscolere 3 - Calgary (My Page) on
Sun, May 2, 10 at 10:42

I planted 3 calgary carpet junipers 3 summers ago and they had been doing great up until now.
We noticed this years with all they snow they were covered for the majority of the winter and didnt get much light obviously.
Now that all the snow is gone, we are noticing the tips of the junipers have yellowed a bit. I am concerned and not sure what to do as they are beautifully shaped junipers that I dont want to lose. They regularly get full sun all day as the are in our front yard facing south with no major obstructions.
Do I need to just prune the tips to get rid of the yellowing...
AND is the yellowing due to not enought light or to much water from snow melt or something worse?
Thanks for your help!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calgary Carpet Juniper tips yellowing

snow cover should be irrelevant

sounds like blight.. check the link

ken

o
forgot the link . duh

forgot the link . duh

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here