Photobucket

different type .. can you name it?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: the lilacs went crazy this year

WOW I can smell them from here. I like the variegated leaves in the third picture.

o

The variegated one?

"aucubaefolia"?

I just bought one of those. Otherwise I identify varieties as "purple one", "white one", "pink one"....:-)

o

variegated.. i think 'dappled dawn' .. though i got it as a sucker from someone along the way .... so who knows what it really is ...

ken

o

• Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
    Sat, May 28, 11 at 12:07

Beautiful lilacs. I have one of the varigated ones and it suckers like crazy but since I don't live in town I don't care how far it spreads.

o

How wonderful. Thank you for sharing them.
Renee

o

Beautiful - I'm so envious Ken, down here in the sultry south, lilacs like that are but a sweet-scented dream.

o

• Posted by ademink z5a-5b Indianapolis (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 5, 11 at 8:22

those are incredible! are you sure that's your yard? it actually has a fence and looks like a yard...i'm used to seeing miles of endless acres. lol

o

Ken, Thanks for posting photos. They make it clear you follow all the good advice you give!
Marie

o

Ken, ..I wish I could see your pics. Would you consider reposting? :-)

o

hey rose ...

your wish is my command..

any time you see blanks .. its easy to reload ... feel free to ask ...

i just dont want my PBucket account to be a hundred pages ... so i delete them after a while ...

i can find them pretty easy .. so it NBD ... no big deal

happy new year

ken

o

Here at the onset of a mid-Western winter these photos are oh so welcome. They remind me of the seductive promises of spring.

Lilacs are such an old fashioned landscape plant, yet their popularity remains strong. It is a sentimental, and scentimental, plant. I have sold lilacs in every month of the year except January, and if I can ever do that, I'd be happy to retire (altho that is far from likely anytime soon....).

Wolfgang Oehme died just recently. Every memorial article mentions his dislike of the ubiquitous azaleas, which "bloom for two weeks and then are a boring green ball the rest of the season." He could have been talking about lilacs, you know.

Thanx for the photos, ken.

brian

o

Outstanding pictures Ken...beautiful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here