Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Lady In Red' Hydrangea?

Posted by paminpa z6, Pa. (My Page) on
Sun, May 18, 08 at 18:23

I planted this variety for the first time last year, it died back considerably for me this winter, some minor stems left -- however it's quite healthy now and growing taller each week.

Anyone else have much experience with this hydrangea, I believe this one blooms on old wood, so I'm figuring not seeing much if anything in blooms this year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Lady In Red' Hydrangea?

I had thought it was a rebloomer, but your mention and something I saw in print is making me doubt my memory. Mine came back fabulously, and Houston is not prime hydrangea territory. I have it in a large container on the edge of my shade porch on the sheltered side of my house. It's kind of funny, it just hit me when I started to comment that all the blooms are on one side of the bush, that it is the sunny side. Probably not coincidental, huh?
Anyway, I like it a lot, and maybe I'll post some pics when the flowers open fully.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here