Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
no spring growth on caryopteris

Posted by lily603 6 (My Page) on
Sun, May 11, 14 at 19:13

now may 11th and no sign of life on caryopteris. hope this past winter didn't do it in. anyone else?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: no spring growth on caryopteris

Mine seem to vary with the kind. My 'sunshine blue' are budding normally on the branches. Another kind (either 'dark knight' or 'first choice') is just starting to show some growth near the base. I think it was killed to ground level since none of the branches up higher are showing any sign of growth.

o
RE: no spring growth on caryopteris

in my z5 MI ... everything is near on 2 - 3 weeks late .. patience ..

both of mine appear to have died back to the ground .... [some peeps prune them to the ground every spring.. so that isnt a big deal] ...

one of mine is showing new shoots ... just barely an inch or two... and i didnt get on my knees to look at the other ...

patience

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here