Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Althea shrub!!!

Posted by annie60004 NE OH (My Page) on
Thu, May 22, 14 at 20:54

I recently planted a small Althea shrub in a very moist flower bed. I read up a little and realized that the shrub wouldn't do well in that area as it seems to stay pretty damp. I have moved it to an area that is drier, but noticed the bottom part of the stem looks very light in color, it is almost a light grey. Also it looks like all of the areas that will bud have white on them. Is this normal? Is there something I should be doing or should I just wait it out? I have included a photo ti show whatvis happening.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Althea shrub!!!

looks pretty good to me.. but night time pix can be deceiving..

if you mean the white specks.. that is probably just normal bark ...

the grey at the soil surface looks normal ...

i would like to suggest you stop moving it.. lol .. but i dont like how it looks too deep ... you shouldn't have green shoots popping out of the soil ...

if.. when mature it does it itself.. thats different.. as compared to you telephone poling it ... roots are equipped to live underground.. the bark on the trunk is not ...

get a new pic or two ... in sunlight.. and we can decide if it need be lifted a bit .. or the soil just pulled back ..

ken

o
RE: Help with Althea shrub!!!

Ok I will get a new daytime pic. I was worried it was in too much water so I was trying to save it, lol! The green in the soil it just grass from where I Big I the ground for its new home. I will post a daytime pic ASAP.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here