Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stunted viburnum

Posted by kept 6 (My Page) on
Fri, May 11, 12 at 20:57

I planted 5 viburnum bushes all in a row and all but 1 is fine. These bushes are around 7 years old. The past 2 years 1 of the bushes is stunted with very few leaves. Does anyone know what is going on and what I can do about it?
Thanks,
Vicki

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stunted viburnum

any frost/freeze in the last few weeks???? and yes.. it can hit one plant..

otherwise.. no pic.. no further guesses ... seriously.. all you have said is '1 of the bushes is stunted with very few leaves.' .. and based on that.. who knows ....

ken

o

No frost freeze issues. All but 1 viburnum fully leaves out with twigs only 1/8 of the leaves. This year and last year.

If I had the capability to add pics I would.

So Ken there is no explanation for this? I fertilized it well this spring. There are no plants next to this bush that are not around the fully leaved bushes. So, I don't think another plant is causing the problem.

Vicki

o

Sounds like a roots malady to me

John

o

sorry...just gotta provide more info.

the worst question to answer is why does this one do this or not do this when the rest are fine.

and while it can be determined what happened there is more info that is required...such as scrape the trunk near ground level and discover what color you see. i'm thinking something orangy.

o

OK that helps me. I will check the growth at ground level and see what I can find. Maybe I will see some other detail that would be helpful.
Thank you,
Vicki

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here