Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
red sprite winterberry passed away

Posted by mainegard3 5 (My Page) on
Thu, May 17, 12 at 21:24

yes, my red sprite was planted in the fall right next to jim dandy. The red berries lasted well into the winter and was quite the show. This spring jim dandy had buds but not mrs sprite. i exchanged it for a new one at a reputable nursery down the road and they didnt know what happened other than the shrub was on its last leg, if not dead. it had a trace of green under the bark but underneath that it looked dead. We did have a week of temps in the high 80s here in maine late march which is the only thing i can think of that might have killed it. Any clues as to what may have happened? I know its more than hardy for this zone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: red sprite winterberry passed away

what about frosts and freezes after the VERY EARLY temp spike???

that is what did massive damage in my yard ...

that plus all the other risks involved in transplanting things ...

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here