Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shrubs for Corner of House

Posted by bamahuntin none (My Page) on
Tue, May 7, 13 at 22:05

Hello everyone. I'm trying to change/add some shrubbery around my house. One of the things I noticed a lot of people have is cone shaped shrubs at the corners of their house. Some kind of look like cedar type trees, although I know they're are not cedar, they just have that look. But the ones in particular I'm interested in look like cone shaped holly trees. I was shopping around and seen Christmas jewel hollies and was thinking of going with those. I didn't know if maybe they would grow to big though. I don't like the ones that are more of a fat cone shape lol, and I'm not sure if that's what these are. Is their any other cone shaped hollies I should consider? Any advice would be appreciated from a man who has know clue about gardening.
Thanks in advance,
James

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shrubs for Corner of House

What's your general location?

o

North Alabama.

o

jeez rhiz.. even i could figure out 'bama'. .. lol ..

if you have seen what you want ... then snap a pic and ask for an ID ... or simply knock on someones door and ask ...

and while you are at it.. snap a pic of the front of your house.. and we might be able to make other suggestions.. should you not wish to make your house look like everyone elses ...

ken

o

You certainly want to consider the mature size of the shrub. Too many people spend time and effort fighting to keep shrubs near the house in line by pruning. So make sure you pick something that you won't have to make fit by large amounts of pruning. Then you'll come to hate gardening ....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here