Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
higgsr1

Privacy plants

Higgsr1
11 years ago

Hello All,

Well I am trying to decide what to add to this side of my backyard to add privacy, keep the dog from seeing and barking at other dogs that walk by and keep her from trying to jump the fence.

I am not sure whether to go with a natural/loose border or a more formal one. I would like some mix shrubs/bushes with color maybe some evergreens as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Clay soil, high area of yard so water does not sit here. about 6 hrs of sun for most of the fence area except where the crab apple tree is. That gets morning sun for about 2 -3hours.

Would inside or outside of fence be best option? Of course I would transplant exsisting spruces to new area if going with inside. Id like privacy to be atleast 5.5 -6 ft tall or more.

I really have no where to start on what is available or what would work well grouped together.

Fence to sidewalk is 6ft. and fence runs 87 ft along the sidewalk. about 30 ft from corner to shed and 40 ft from other corner to the house.

Thanks for all help in advance. See Pics Below

http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=12eccb0f438476b76276141d224b0f78

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting