Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
yellow leaves on BottleBrush Buckeye

Posted by diegojames (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 0:38

I'm in zone 6a, close to 7. Eastern PA. The site for this plant is bright shade all day with 2.5 hours of full sun high noon. This is a newly planted Bottlebrush Buckeye. It's has been in the ground a month and is growing nicely and behaves as though healthy, EXCEPT it has these yellowing blotches on the leaves. Is this verticillium wilt? Will this go away next season? Does anyone recognize what this is? I tried Ironite a couple times to increase green but it didn't help. The plant had the yellow discoloration when I bought it! It raised a red flag but I bought it anyway. I'm trying not to over water since I read it doesn't like to be too wet. Any ideas which the yellow discoloration is?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: yellow leaves on BottleBrush Buckeye

it had it when you bought it...

you dragged it home...

you transplanted it from pot to soil..

and you have treated it twice with a soil amendment ... presumably without a soil test ...

crikey ..

transplant shock .. water properly.. and let it settle in..

you are on the verge of loving it to death ...

shall we presume you amended the soil also ...

whats your watering regimen???

that kind of coloration.. simply would not bother me ... and i would surely not jump to disease ...

ken

o

HI Ken: Please leave informational comments only. I did not enjoy a list of rhetorical questions, judgements and assumptions which were incorrect. I appreciate the information you did provide: "What's your watering regime." - I do not suspect this is due to over or under watering by my own close monitoring; and "I would surely not jump to disease." - I guess you would have to see it in person, but I assure you the discoloration (and dry leaf and curling) is disease or an affect of disorder or poor health.

o

2nd picture

o

See my post on your other thread...

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/shrubs/msg0708372017934.html?1

Here is a link that might be useful: Your other Bottlebrush Buckeye thread

o

"Please leave informational comments only."

Here in GardenWeb, members are free to add any comment as long as it does not violate the TOS. Different people have different styles, and sometimes you can learn the most from those with their own unique style.

"...I assure you the discoloration (and dry leaf and curling) is disease or an affect of disorder or poor health."

Unless you must know MUCH more than you've told us, I'd say Ken's comment was pretty much on-target. A disease would be near the bottom of my list from what I can see in the picture.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here