Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mildew on Ninebarks

Posted by lablover z4 VT (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 15, 13 at 7:40

I am very disappointed and frustrated by fuzzy white mildew on my Coppertina and Centerglow Ninebarks. Never had this problem with Diabolo. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mildew on Ninebarks

could you favor us with a picture???

mildew is easily knocked down ... in a variety of ways... if in fact ... it is bad .. enough to react ... remedies go from baking soda in water.. to chemical ....

my worst mildew problem.. happened when i was watering in the evening.. wetting the whole plant ... going into darkness.. that is when the mildew grows ...

even if you stop it.. the 'look' might not go away .. until leaf drop ...

often.. the conditions requisite to the problem.. simply resolve themselves ...

we need more info to guide you.. including that pic

ken

o
RE: Mildew on Ninebarks

See the attached link for a discussion on this subject - it's a bit long but very thorough :-) One of the most interesting aspects I gleaned from this study is that ninebarks have their very own species of PM!! Who knew?

IME, once established, ninebarks need minimal watering and I would avoid any overhead application. As with other PM issues, good air circulation and preventative fungicidal spraying will help also.

Here is a link that might be useful: Physocarpus and powdery mildew

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here