Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP webs everywhere

Posted by nathan8281 new york (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 27, 13 at 8:36

What are these web like things all over my bushes. When I went for my morning walk I seen them all over the neighborhood in the grass and bushes. Please help so I can get rid of them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP webs everywhere

usually seen more in fall ..

they are simply spider webs ....

i will bet my shiny nickle.. it was very huimid that morning.. the webs catching the dew ....

why do you believe you have to get rid of them ... ????

if they are the tunneling spiders.. a little vortex they hide in the center of one web ..... they are a beneficial ... though i do not know their names ...

try to enjoy the diversity of your garden.. before you go slaughtering things.. lol ... not everything requires a remedy ...

ken

o

Ken is right, and they are there because the food is there, i.e. insects. I let them be (have tons of them) and only clean off the ones on the succulents in pots on the patio. A paintbrush works very well for that. If I got rid of the ones in the garden I wouldn't have time to do anything else, and then I'd likely have insect problems!

Sara

o

I also agree with Ken and Sara.....
Try living with nature rather than always trying to fight it.

Ian

o

They are doing a whole lot of good there. I rather enjoy them.

photo DSC_0166.jpg

tj

o

This question pops up every year from all over the country. They are probably spiderlings trying to establish their own territory. Completely harmless to you and your lawn and plants and capable of being very beneficial.

Be glad that you have an abundance of them.

o

I have them all over my back yard and deck. Probably the only reason my tomatoes are bug free. Free pest control; Gotta love it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here