Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fpmom_gw

boxwood gardeners...advice needed...help!

fpmom
10 years ago

I would like some advice re boxwoods and how to revive some medium sized ones I was donated
Somebody had dug up some neglected boxwoods (looks like they weren't pruned or cared for in their previous life) during 95 plus degree heat and then left them out with roots bare for an hour or so until I rescued them... poor things looked almost (if not) dead and so I put them in pots with new soil and mulch on top and heavily watered - this was 2 days ago and I think they might make it since some of the foliage looks revived
My question is whether it would be ok to prune them now that they have had a couple of days to get over the shock of being dug up and left for dead so to speak (!)
My thoughts are to heavily prune them right back (to try to get them back in to some kind of shape since they look awful and have grown strangely to the side) and leave them in the pots until planting in Fall (or perhaps leaving them in the pots over winter) - any tips on how to revive and get them on track again? I think they might be boxwood green mountain based on their size

Comment (1)