Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rose of Sharon Blight

Posted by whiteforest 6 MI (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 11:39

Can anyone help me to identify this problem with my Rose of Sharon? It always looks as it does in the picture, until the leaves begin to yellow and fall off. It bloomed and was fine the year before last, but last year the leaves came out with this blight and it never bloomed. This year it leafed out with the same problem. I'm trying to determine whether or not (and how) I treat the problem, or if I should just remove it from my yard. Thanks!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rose of Sharon Blight

i am in adrian MI...

lack of bloom last year.. on nearly all of my flowering shrubs.. was due to an insane heatwave in march.. followed by a return to winter for two months... many things budded out.. and then froze ...

with such... leaf damage last year.. is going to be too mysterious to ID this year ... and i cant really tell from your words.. if this is this year.. or last years leaf....

i am presuming you are using the word BLIGHT.. in a non scientific way.. or have you already had a blight professionally diagnosed???

can we see a pic of the whole plant as of today????

ken

o
RE: Rose of Sharon Blight

I have not had it diagnosed, that's why I'm asking if anyone recognizes this.

This leaf is from today. I'm just saying it had this same problem last year as well, so it isn't resolving itself whatever it is. I also have another Rose of Sharon in a different location that leafed out and bloomed just fine last year as well as this year and is not affected by whatever this is so I'm going to go ahead and say whatever the problem is it is unrelated to the weather.

This post was edited by whiteforest on Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 17:22

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here