Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trying to save arborvitae

Posted by Bighobert1 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 29, 14 at 13:19

I have this row (see pic) of 5 emerald green arborvitaes and all of them look great except one which I have also pictured by itself. It is turning a little lighter than the others and it also smaller. The soil around the roots is normal and I can't see why it is a little unhealthier. I have given it extra water and use water soluble miracle gro on all of them. Any help would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trying to save arborvitae

Here is an additional pic from further away.

o

its obviously lost all vigor.. if it was the same size as the others...

which would mean.. it basically hasnt grown at all this spring... and its losing color...

which usually means its dead...

however.. being evergreen.. it takes a long time for all the juices to be sucked out of it ... usually in the supreme heat of august ...

i will tell you.. its never the one on an end.. lol ...

return for a refund or replacement.. but i would NOT plant in july/august ... get the refund.. and hope to find something similar in sept...

was this bigboxstore stock???

ken

o

Ken, thanks for the help. It was big box (Lowes) and I know that they are not always the best quality. I planted the trees last spring and as you can see, most of them have done well but this one obviously has not.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here