Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chueh_gw

Dwarf Golden Threadleaf Flasecypress

chueh
10 years ago

I have seen Golden Threadleaf Falsecypress always with bright golden color appearance even when they are young. I have tried searching for it as a smaller size in nurseries, yet both the regular sized and the dwarf type at the local nurseries I have been to did not look golden or even chartreuse but green. I was told that the regular size (mature 5-6 ft tall) were goldener than that of the dwarf and as they grow both would become goldener. Still the dwarf kind wouldn't be true golden but chartreuse.

I searched online to see if the new growth and the old produce different colors. Yes, the nursery guy was correct. As they grow, they get goldener. However, as I see the regular size kind at the nurseries, they were very green, which is not what I want. Will they become golden golden as I see from some landscapes? This provokes another question: same cultivars from different nurseries and regions look different. I understand that every plant is slightly different even the same cultivar, but it never can be so jumpy from golden to green???

What's your take on that? Thanks

Comments (4)