Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please tell me about Indigofera kirilowii

Posted by christinmk z5b eastern WA (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 28, 10 at 20:02

Hoping someone here could provide some extra info on this shrub- I have quite a few questions about it!

First of all, how do you like it? What is your overall opinion of it?

Is it a fast spreader? How much does it spread in a season once mature? Will it get taller than the 2-3ft online places say it will reach?

I fear this question is going to be silly but, are there different forms of Indogofera kirilowii? Looking at pictures online of it there seems two kinds- one whos flower clusters are small and blunt and another that seems to have tapered clusters rater resembling wisteria. Maybe the pictures were just taken at different times of bloom? If there is more than one form where may I find the one that is tapered?
Thank you very much for any info!
CMK

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please tell me about Indigofera kirilowii

I think the Indigofera I have is I. kirilowii. It gets about 4 feet tall, spreads very slowly, though the footprint is a little larger each year. It's in flower now, and to me looks a lot like my Lespedeza 'Spring Grove' which flowers later in the season. Highly deer resistant, which most of my garden is. Sorry, don't know anything about different strains.

o

Thanks very much for the info laceyvail! What kind of situation do you have yours in? Does it tolerate dry-ish conditions or do best with some moisture?
CMK

o

It's pretty dry where I have it.

o

http://www.plantdelights.com/Indigofera/products/218/

still have yours, c? not blooming now, right? Lespedeza(its lookalike) blooms now. Galega, another lookalike of white/blue, blooms early summer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here