Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for evergreen, 6-8' tall and 4' wide

Posted by athenainwi z4b/5 WI (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 7, 10 at 21:13

I'd like to find an evergreen to anchor my border. It is fairly narrow between my house and the neighbors. It gets mostly morning to early afternoon sun. I've got a couple of full sun plants nearby (roses, tomatoes) that do fine there. The soil retains water well there (clay and no hot afternoon sun). My ideal plant would be a bluish evergreen about 6-8 feet tall and about 4 to 6 feet wide. I was thinking of a blue spruce, but I would need a small one and it really can't get too wide (6 feet means my husband curses me when he mows). Would 'Blue Globe' be appropriate? It was the only one I saw at the nursery that fit my requirements.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for evergreen, 6-8' tall and 4' wide

Blue Globe will never (?) get tall enough. Mine is 5 years old and not even 3' tall.

In the post on Proven Winner shrubs, I saw a "new" pyramidal version of a Chamacyperis psifira, that looks like it might fit the bill.

o
RE: Looking for evergreen, 6-8' tall and 4' wide

Blue Globe will never (?) get tall enough. Mine is 5 years old and not even 3' tall.

In the post on Proven Winner shrubs, I saw a "new" pyramidal version of a Chamacyperis psifira, that looks like it might fit the bill.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!