Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tamarix...wishing to transplant...thinking fall my best option

Posted by cadillactaste zone 5 Ohio (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 8:10

Hanging head...last year I was told to relocate the Tamarix that I had moved away from a walnut tree. Thinking it was only the walnut that had kept it stunted...I thought to allow it to grow healthy in a further away location...that sadly had far to much shade.

This past winter was extremely harsh...my beautiful Tamarix that was doing so well had significant die back. I assumed this one struggling would be a goner. But...it showed significant growth before the one that had suffered die back. Now...the growth on it has slowed...and the one with the die back has bounced back and is much larger than the one that had first shown signs of life this spring.

That said...I am acknowledging that I was wrong in leaving it where it is currently planted. I would like to move it to the back of my handmade waterfall that gets full morning and slight afternoon sun. But, I am assuming it needs to be done come fall.

(This shrub is not considered an invasive plant to Ohio...though I am aware it is in other states)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tamarix...wishing to transplant...thinking fall my best optio

My brain knew the answer...nursery lady second it. Waiting for fall for a higher transplant success rate.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here