Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
starplex

Sweet Viburnum Help

starplex
9 years ago

I have a row of about 15 Viburnum Shrubs in my backyard. There are two of these that are next to each other that continue to struggle. Note: the other 13 have grown several inches with no problems in the last two years where as the two with problems I have re-planted twice now with new plants. It begins where the tips of the leaves turn brown and then fall off. One of these two lost most of its leaves over the last month, but then put on new leaves and has come back nice and green. (A few spots starting to develop on the mature leaves). The other, however lost all it's leaves and the branches have grown, nice green stem & has started putting back on small green leaves. However, the small leaves already have the reddish brown on the tips of the leaves.

I thought it might be soil conditions in this one spot, so when I replanted earlier this year I dug a much larger whole & replaced the dirt with new dirt (Miracle Grow Garden Vegetable Dirt in a Bag). Still having the problems though. None of the other thirteen plants are effected, and all are in a row within about 3 feet of each other. I don't see root rot, any bugs, and I can't say for sure whether it is one of the possible fungi.

Any suggestions??
{{gwi:267453}}

{{gwi:267455}}

{{gwi:267457}}

Comments (2)