Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ashug987

Question regarding 'Dwarf English Boxwood'

ashug987
16 years ago

I recently bought the "Dwarf English Boxwood" from lowes. I want to put it along both side of my drive way which is about 80 feet long, I bought about 100 of these 2 gallon plants to cover the whole length.

I actually looked at the "Wintergem boxwood" as well, and I was told that in the WA weather its not a much advantage to get the wintergem (which is known for retaining its color during the winter), however we do get winters and seem temperature going to 15-20 degree Fahrenheit

Now when I am looking at the instructions, its saying that I should space it apart by 6Â and on maturity it will attain 7Â in height. Whereas I remember the wintergem was listed as 2Â spacing and 2Â maturity height.

I do want to get only upto 2Â Â 3Â height and not interested in the longer shrubs and I do want the thick shrub sooner than waiting for years.

So I am wondering if the expert here can educate me more about the "Dwarf English Boxwood" (Buxus semepervirens "Suffruticosa"). How much should be the ideal spacing (Do I really need to space them 6Â apart as recommended) ? Can I just trim it to keep the height controlled at about 3Â?

Or should I go back to the wintergem boxwood?

Thanks in advance

--Ashug

Comments (5)