Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone out there with Edmee Gold Honeysuckle

Posted by cadillactaste zone 5 Ohio (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 16, 14 at 21:45

I would love to see this in bloom. I have tried google imagines...to no avail nothing is coming up. Tried websites to see if a photo may be listed of it while in bloom...it is not. I admired the delicate foliage of the boxleaf honeysuckle...and had to get it. It says birds are drawn to it. (Learned after I brought it home...during those searches for a photo of it in bloom) Since it is now planted on the bird feeding patio...I am glad to hear that.

Here is a link showing what it is...for those unfamiliar with the shrub.
http://www.naturehills.com/honeysuckle-edmee-goldtm

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone out there with Edmee Gold Honeysuckle

Flowers on the boxleaf honeysuckles (and any of the other evergreen shrub honeysuckles) are insignificant to the point of being nearly invisible. These are not shrubs grown for any sort of flower show but for foliage only.

btw, websites that describe "showy white flowers followed by red berries" have obviously never grown the plant. I have grown multiple cultivars of Lonicera nitida over the years (currently have 3 different ones now) and would be extremely hard pressed to recall ever seeing much of a bloom period on any of them.

o
RE: Anyone out there with Edmee Gold Honeysuckle

Appreciate your knowledge...possibly why the nursery never mentioned it flowered. I still like the foliage on it. So there is that going for it. Also...makes sense why I can find absolutely no photos of it while in bloom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here