Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
confused_gardener

Viburnum Mohican Growth

confused_gardener
12 years ago

I have a Viburnum Mohican in my front yard, which has been under some problem for the last 2 years. It was actually installed in 2007 but never did well enough. During last two years, few of its brances started getting kind of rust at the bottom from where the branches shoot up from ground. One by One all of the branches died and now I am left with only one branch which has few sub branches shooting out of it. The leaves are all green and some new leaves are growing. My question is since this viburnum had multiple branches and now only one main branch left which is not thick enough probably two inches in diameter and about 3-4 feet tall. Will this viburnum get more bracnhes shooting out from the ground or the only branch I am left with will grow thick to become main branch for this shrub & it will have more branches shooting out of the main branch.

I am not sure if I should dig it out & replace it with another shrub. The soil is mostly clay. Thank you for reading my question about Viburnum Mohican.

Comments (2)