Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gazania_gw

Diablo Ninebark...Mold? Mildew?

gazania_gw
16 years ago

This photo is of my Diablo that is less than it should be. When I tagged the shrub 4 years ago at the nursery it was full, and very healthy. It was delivered to me a week later along with a couple trees and several other shrubs I tagged the same day. When I planted the Diablo, I noticed one small branch had several leaves that had turned nearly white. It has declined a little more each year till now it is pretty sad looking. Whole branches have died back as the mold/mildew progresses. It is planted in a south east corner where the house wall meets an east facing porch. It gets about 6 hours of sun daily and air flow seems pretty good there, but this problem seems to be getting worse every day. Ninebarks are reputed to be nearly trouble free, so I am surprised by the problems with this one. I have another Diablo planted along the south side of the house that this year for the first in it's 7 years has a very few such moldy looking leaves in the interior of the shrub where sun and air would be at a minimum, but is otherwise a beautiful specimen. Anyone else experienced problems like this with their Diablo?

{{gwi:272395}}

Comments (4)