Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ninebark diablo-transplanting

Posted by goofdi IL (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 19, 10 at 20:45

We were getting new windows and transplanted our ninebark just a few feet from where it was originally. It has not bunced back since doing this. It has been hot and we have been watering it a few times a day. There are no green or dark purple leaves anymore. Is there any hope in revitaling this bush?? Any suggestions on how much to water or is it a lost cause?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ninebark diablo-transplanting

just keep the plant moist......the roots are busy becoming reestablished.....

Ian

o
RE: ninebark diablo-transplanting

No matter how badly a shrub or tree looks above the ground after I've transplanted it, I never, ever count it out until the following spring, and even then I hold out for many weeks to see if it will put out new growth. I always assume like Ian said that the plant is busy with work below the ground. I've had some shrubs and trees look really nasty after transplanting and by the following spring they are just fine. Make sure it doesn't dry out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here