Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
khopew

Advice needed for privacy shrubs

khopew
11 years ago

Hello All,

I have a question about planting shrubs to create privacy, have done lots of searching and think I need some customized help on the type of plant that would be best.

Here's our situation: Our driveway runs right next to our neighbors drive with a 5-6 ft patch of grass in-between them, our property line splits this grassy strip and we have put up a wooden fence to match our privacy fence we have in the back yard. However, our county only allowed us to build a 4 foot tall fence past the front corner of our house, which is the length of the driveway (about 40-45 feet). For multiple reasons we don't want to look at our neighbors or their junky yard, so I'm looking for a fast growing evergreen shrubs to plant the length of the 4ft fence/driveway. I would be happy with it being 6-8feet tall or taller, but it would have to be kept at no more then 3 ft wide. We'll trim as much as needed.

This area gets sun from sunrise until about 2-3pm, and then the house shades it, so almost completely full sun.Also, we are out in the country and do have deer, but it's rare to see one in this area because of the road, so they mainly stay on the back of our property.

Any recommendations on what to plant? I'm thinking a holly from my searching, but which one?

If I missed any needed info just let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (2)