Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
shrub ID

Posted by adxz tenn (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 26, 12 at 17:19

I have a shrub in my front yard and I dont know what it is.
I wish i could post a picture but my camera dont work.
There are three close to each other, each about 7-10 ft tall, 2-4 ft wide, decidous and i believe it has white blooms in the late spring. i live in east tennessee. please help if you can.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: shrub ID

privet

ken

o

I have a red vehicle that goes at least 60 mph. I don't have a picture, but can you ID it from the description?

Seriously, give us something to go on...
Leaf shape and size
Leaf arrangement
Leaf color and texture
Bark texture
etc.

o

I bet Ken is right! Do the flowers stink? If so, I'm really betting that Ken is right!

o

I bet you might also be able to guess what my vehicle is too, but you still wouldn't know for sure without more info and you sure wouldn't likely be able to identify the exact model!

o

BRANDON!!! ..

70 pinto ... right???? .. figure a good used one.. is your in your price range ... rotflmbo .. hatchback too .. for use in the garden ...

tisk tsk ... one shouldnt mock a newbie .. some of them a skittish.. and might run away ....

regardless of brandon.. welcome to GW ... i will take care of his lack of wit .. [BTW we are friends.. so dont mind us]

but if you could add some descriptive words.. it would help us ...

F&F ... where do you want the shiny nickle sent.. lol ... and why do i have privets with good smelling flowers.. the yellow one.. is it not a privet.. like the green ones???

ken

ps: does boxwood flower.. since that might be another other option

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Ken - I've not come across that deciduous boxwood 10 feet tall and 2 feet wide. Is it a local one to your region??

Could be lots of things - maybe even lilac.

p.s. yes, box flowers. But not so as you'd notice.

o

hey flora..

i got all excited about brandons pinto.. i forgot the 10 feet tall part ... lol

ken

o

Brandon is in Tennessee also. He can hop in his Pinto and check it out in person, then let us all know.

Don't forget the camera.

tj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here