Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Duranta Gold

Posted by Bougainvillea17 none (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 11, 13 at 19:35

Hello,
My duranta gold shrub/hedge in front of the house appears to be dying. I have spray it with malathion and it keeps on dying. It is dropping all the leaves and it moves on to the next bush and does the same. Please I need someone to help me. I live in Olando, Florida. You see those plants everywhere and they look wonderful. How come mine are dying? I have another hedge going of Vibernum behind the duranta gold hedge and they are ok, they are beautiful. They are not dying. I have fertilized them and they get water once or twice a week. I have Bougainvilleas and many other plants like gardenias, crape myrtle, Camelias all around and they are ok. Why do they keep on dying? Has anybody experienced this problem. Look forward to hearing from you. Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Duranta Gold

we need pix to help you ..

you give no other facts but the leaves fall off ..

ken

o
RE: Duranta Gold

Bougain,
Stop spraying the shrub with that chemical.
Every shrub is different. That chemical isn't good for
some shrubs. It will kill them. I know I cant spray my pittosporums with it, they will die.
Check online to see if you killed them with it.
If not, leave them alone.
Those shrubs are hardy things.
They love water but if you get enough rain, you shouldnt have to water them all that often.
Look at the bright side, if they do die, you can go buy and plant something nicer in the spring, something without those awful long dagger thorns.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here