Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Evergreen Shrubs Turning Brown

Posted by BobbyDennis 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 16:11

I have a couple of bushes that are turning brown do not look good.

I am in Arkansas we have had warmer than usual weather along with cold temps off and on. I have looked around to see if I can see anything that looks wrong. I did find a couple of bag worms. Could they cause this or am I looking at something different?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Evergreen Shrubs Turning Brown

they are dying .. first is gone..

and by the time you prune out the dead on the second.. it wont be pretty ...

i doubt a couple bag worms are doing it..

any significant drought in the last 2 years ...??

a close up.. will get you an ID... and that might he best place to start ...

you might want to post his in the conifer forum.. not all those peeps hang in the shrub forum ...

ken

o
RE: Evergreen Shrubs Turning Brown

Probably from lack of water. Did you keep it watered last season? You had a very hot and dry summer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here