Return to the Shrubs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Arboricola trinette seeds

Posted by TAB3230 10b (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 17, 12 at 23:22

I see alot of these seeds around, are they good to germinate? They are black dry very tiny ones, will they germinate to yellow leaves shrubs? Anyone have done that?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Arboricola trinette seeds

Can't answer your question but the plant you have is Schefflera arboricola 'Trinette'. You could Google for information or maybe someone on the Houseplant forum knows the answer. I do know they are a cinch from cuttings.

o

I see a lot of these seeds around, are they good to germinate? ===>>> no one can tell you whether a given seed is viable .. plant them and find out

They are black dry very tiny ones, ===>> if you are asking us to ID the seeds .... impossible on words alone ..

will they germinate to yellow leaves shrubs? ==>> plant a handful ... and pick out all the green ones.. and let them die.. choosing only the yellow.. if that is what you want ...

Anyone have done that? ==>> i have not .. but you can probably google:

growing Schefflera arboricola 'Trinette' from seed ....

the only question that comes to my mind.. is if they root easily.. might it not be easier to root some pieces from a plant you like.. rather than dealing with tiny seedlings for a lot of years.. again.. google: Schefflera arboricola 'Trinette' propagation

good luck ...

ken

o

Schefflera arboricola is dioecious so it is either male or female. Your female plant will not have fertile seeds unless a male plant is around.

tj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Shrubs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here