Return to the Soil Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Envirohold for mulch. What is going on out there?

Posted by purpleinopp 8b AL (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 21, 14 at 12:17

Have you heard of this? A discussion in FL forum brought it to my attention. I guess this is one of the products in that huge display of concoctions at any BBS with a plant/garden section.

It's not that I think enough people will start spraying this particular product to cause a specific problem (though nobody seems to have any facts they're willing to share about this) but I just don't understand the mindset at all. When I wanted to have beautiful gardens, I started investigating how to arrive at that point. At no point during my investigation did I find anything that indicated any store-bought 'stuff in a package' would or could be better than trying to understand what occurs naturally and emulate that. The fact that no gardening products existed until modern times is all the proof I've ever needed to be convinced I don't need any.

Have you seen anyone using this 'out there?'

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Envirohold for mulch. What is going on out there?

Geez, no. Gluing mulch together so it doesn't blow away? Sounds like a product for people who want a picture perfect landscape more than they want a healthy natural garden. I would have no use for it. Funny responses in that thread - although I just read a few.

o
RE: Envirohold for mulch. What is going on out there?

There are, and will, always be people that will fall for any "new", "great" product that appears whether it serves and useful purpose or not. While this stuff "locks" mulch in place does it also prevent air and water infiltration through that mulch?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soil Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here