Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pt03

Caught by Google cam

Lloyd
9 years ago

So there I was, on my way home from delivering a load of compost to a local flower garden up town and who do I meet?

What a ham!

Lloyd

Comments (24)

• elisa_z5
    9 years ago

Fun :)

My fleece covered garden beds show up on the google earth maps.

Kind of makes you feel official, eh?
    (I hope that was the proper usage of "eh?")

Elisa

• harry757
    9 years ago

Hi elisa,
    Just had to laugh 'cause i was just on the rose forum using the "eh" word so it was funny to see it again here 2 min. later. And yes that was the proper usage...well done!
    You know my mother was born and raised in Michigan and as kids we used to have discussions on how to say the letter Z. Being from the USA she would pronounce it ...."ZEE". Well in Canada we pronounce it......"ZED". She told us that Z(pronounced ZEE ) was a letter while "ZED" was a word! ........that debate could go on forever huh?.... ; )
    Wow, I got so side-tracked with that one I don't even remember what forum I'm on......yikes!!!...my bad!!
    Harry

• wayne_5 zone 6a Central Indiana
    9 years ago

Well, LLoyd, Is that really you on that tractor?

Google finally went down my road in 2013. When They did, I was not outside on my mower!

• toxcrusadr
    9 years ago

Hey, your face is really fuzzy! Haha.

Someone on the Compost forum is famous. Woohoo! "We're somebody! We can wahr shews!" (anyone remember that ancient TV commercial?)

• Nevermore44 - 6a
    9 years ago

ha... you could have done something like these guys over in the UK

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27676137

• Lloyd
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yup, that's me. This is the second time I've been caught on street view. The other time I was waaaayyy out in my field emptying bags. No way you could tell it was me but there wouldn't be anyone else out there doing the work.

The camera also went by the field where this fall's bags were. Doesn't look like much from the highway but there is almost a thousand bags there.

Lloyd

This post was edited by pt03 on Mon, Jan 26, 15 at 17:20

• idaho_gardener
    9 years ago

Nice, that is awesome! Too funny, Lloyd.

BTW, I'm curious to get your impressions of the results of tilling the leaves into your wheat fields. You had previously mentioned that the wheat seemed to be suffering from nitrogen tie-up.

• Lloyd
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Just that one year. We spread leaves on the field until the end of October and then seeded the following spring. There was not enough time for the leaves to break down in the fall before freeze up so they robbed N from the soil in the spring just when we seeded. We don't do it that way anymore.

Lloyd

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    9 years ago

We'll refer to you as Googlloyd.

Let's see, there was a semi coming at you head on, what looks to be a refrigerator truck coming from behind and the Google vehicle next to you. That my have been ugly when they all got together.

tj

• Lloyd
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm on the non-travel shoulder. No worries.

:-)

• wayne_5 zone 6a Central Indiana
    9 years ago

Of course, you never see the Google camera van, but sometimes the camera stand on top makes a shadow on the road.

Boy, I suspect they drive fast in the Google van as on street view they keep passing vehicles it seems.

The earth views and the street views are taken at different times from each other...but of course.

• elisa_z5
    9 years ago

Harry, it is funny how things show up in pairs.
    That's the first and so far only time I've used that word.

Now we should all expect to see the Google cam -- if the coming in pairs thing continues.

• toxcrusadr
    9 years ago

From the road that field looks like an illegal trash dump! Haha. "But officer, I'm recycling!"

• annpat
    9 years ago

That's incredible!!

• Laurel Zito
    9 years ago

Wow, they try to avoid people mostly. That is a great one, how did they get you waving?

• Lloyd
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I saw the car coming up the highway and started waving.

Hey AP! Good to see you again! Not sure it's "incredible" but it's pretty darn funny. Guys at work got a kick out of it.

Lloyd

• jonhughes
    9 years ago

That is totally Hilarious... and waving to boot....you definitely have your timing down ;-)

• Lloyd
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hey Jon!! Good to see you again too!

Bob's move does look like something I would do. I'm lucky the next frames in the google car pass didn't show me swerving off into the ditch or something. :-)

Lloyd

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    9 years ago

It is good to see annpat again. But...

Is that the real annpat or did someone hack into her account? Only one way to find out...

So, AP, how do you feel about bread in compost? And the part planarians play in it? Hmmmmmm?

tj

• pnbrown
    9 years ago

So that's what Manitoba looks likeâ¦.

• toxcrusadr
    9 years ago

I was thinking how much better it would have been if he had been waving some soggy bread. heehee

• annpat
    9 years ago

Bread in compost? I guess it's okay. It probably heats a pile up in no time. I bet it's a lovely addition. I don't think SOG is an issue as long as it's not breakfast time. Planarians? Are they cute or what? Here's one on a warm corn flake.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:286700}}

• annpat
    9 years ago

Bread in compost? I guess it's okay. It probably heats a pile up in no time. I bet it's a lovely addition. I don't think SOG is an issue as long as it's not breakfast time. Planarians? Are they cute or what? Here's one on a warm corn flake.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:286700}}

• pattyokie
    9 years ago

Read a heart-pounding mystery once about a guy who was watching Google Earth (or the name they gave it in the book) in real time & witnessed a murder. The company cleaned up the feed before it went out & no one would believe him about the murder. Except the people who came to get him to silence him! When I remember the name of it, I'll let you know. lol.