Return to the Soil Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
leather purse

Posted by bookjunky4life 5 Central IL (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 5, 13 at 23:40

Can i compost a leather purse? If not, i can try to use it for a planter. Just don't want to send it to the landfill.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: leather purse

Have fun using it as a planter then,, when it's tatty, compost it.

o

You can compost leather products, although some people will tell you that the leather contains numerous contaminents, Chromium for one, that you may not want in your compost. Some people may try to tell you that you would be long dead before that leather would get digested, too.
If the contaminents were an real problem then using leather in ways we would make contact with them would result in our picking them up and absorbing them.
If something like a leather purse did not get digested very quickly then that purse was probably put into the compost pile whole and was not cut into smaller, more digestable pieces.

o

One of the succulents called "hen and chicks" will grow well in leather containers and sell well at yard sales.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soil Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here