Return to the Soil Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Homemade Compost Tumbler

Posted by survivalist none (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 23, 12 at 16:25

I made a homemade compost tumbler out of a 35gal food barrel that i got for $10 dollars. I put it up on pvc pipes and drilled holes through the top parts of the pipe so that a little moister could come through. Also while its on the pvc pipe, I can rotate, tumble it to mix it with my greens and browns. If you want, check out how I did this. http://youtu.be/MookJsDMRt8

Here is a link that might be useful: www.prepperlog.com homemade compost tumbler

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Homemade Compost Tumbler

it's great to see people's new inventions but what concerns me is the pvc pipe. It looks like it is bending a lot and it isn't even close to being filled. Maybe you can find a length of steel pipe that will fit inside or maybe move the supports closer together.
Congrats on your tumbler and watch out for those copperheads.

o

why are you a prepper? I saw this show on tv the other night.

o

I agree with the PVC pipe bending a lot. What I'm planing on doing is finding a galvanized pipe to put through there so it won't rust also. I was able to fill the tumbler up all the way and it didn't bend any more though.

I'm a prepper because I want to be self suficient with living off the land the way my grandparents have done. Mainly because finicial collapse that might happen. I want control on the way I get my foods and electricity. Thanks for asking! Stop by the forum anytime also if you wish. Some people on those shows are out there, but 99% of them are not. Besides, some parts of that show are scripted and live on peoples fears.... they want ratings. Take care, stay prepped!

Here is a link that might be useful: www.prepperlog.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soil Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here