Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elpsycongroo

What would you say is a good price for bulk compost? (NYC)

ElPsyCongroo
10 years ago

Making compost is pretty hopeless for me. Tried it last year but as a student, I dont have my own car so it usually involves lots of heavy lifting. That means dragging vegetable trimming filled garbage bags all the way home. I dont generate enough scraps at home to build a large enough heap so asking around for trimmings is how I did it. Unfortunately all of that hard work was ruined when my unfinished compost was spread onto the garden. My parents dont understand that decomposition is much faster in large piles and continuously spread it everywhere no matter how many times I tell them. Even today, a lot of it hasn't decomposed. Buying compost is my best option but its expensive bagged and carrying all that home will take ages.

So im looking for place that will deliver bulk compost. How much would this typically cost? Anyone aware of places that will deliver here in NYC (Im in the Bronx)? Unfortunately the NYC compost giveback program no longer receives funding so the city has no compost for me. :( The worms seem to have fled and now I fear for my garden as its not a good sign when the worms dont like the soil.

Comments (4)