Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
magnoliasouth

Need advice on how to compost.

magnoliasouth
10 years ago

Pardon if this has been asked before. I did a search and the overwhelming answer was to stop using food scraps for a while, but that won't fix my problem.

I want to compost, but we have a lot of possum that lives in our area. They end up in my yard, even when I'm NOT composting, very often. This has been the primary reason I've not started composting.

I'm tired of throwing out kitchen scraps, leaves and other items when they're so valuable! Surely there is a way for me to do this that I can afford.

I also have no garage. I see that a lot of people use the garage.

I know there are commercial containers, but I cannot spend that much because my budget is more than just a little bit fixed. It is simply out of the question. Period.

I see that a lot of people build them using various things, but I have absolutely no experience building anything. Ever.

I can buy a simple trash can that I can (maybe) roll around, However I understand that temperature is an issue.

Is there another way that you all can suggest? I have a back disability, so I need a way that won't involve a lot of bending or lifting.

It's really frustrating to not be able to do this. I have a larger than normal subdivisional yard at 2/3 acre (excluding the house itself). That's a lot of yard to care for and I cannot afford to buy compost.

I really hope you all can help me. *crosses fingers*

Comments (5)