Return to the Soil Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would like to see pics and/or specs of attractive bins

Posted by lynxe z6B/PA (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 6, 11 at 20:34

I'm sure they've been posted many times before, but I've looked a bit through past messages and must have missed them. So, does anyone have images they could post of attractive compost bins? And, if homemade, their specs....dimensions, materials, etc.?

Except for one plastic bin I left at our former house when we moved, I've only ever piled stuff on the ground. It's worked fine, but I've been considering building or, if necessary, buying an attractive bin or multi-bin system. Ergo, would love to see what you guys have....If you have aesthetically pleasing piles, that'd be OK, too. Seriously. My pile is rather an eyesore...once summer's here it'll be full of spent blossoms. But now? An egg shell there, tea bag there, smushed-up tissues....not too pretty I'm afraid.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would like to see pics and/or specs of attractive bins

• Posted by claire z6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 6, 11 at 20:58

Here are some links that show the variety of bins/piles tht people on this forum use. Not all of them are very attractive but they might give you ideas.

Showing off new homemade compost bin (photos)

what kind of compost bin do you use?

Show off your pile!

Claire

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soil Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here