Return to the Soil Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What have you composted lately? April, 2014

Posted by batya Israel north 8-9-10 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 7, 14 at 5:11

Ok, I'll jump...........

Cleaning out the fridge for Passover: moldy tomato sauce, moldy tomatoes, bad beans, nasty parsley, who knew that was all in there?
UCG
newspaper
peanut skins form 2 kilos of roasted peanuts
old dry leaves
dry weeds w/out seedheads

Your turn.................

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What have you composted lately? April, 2014

A cottontail rabbit. (found dead in the swimming pool)

o

I've had some meat in the compost pile by accident, but I can't imagine actually throwing in a small animal. I don't mind the maggots (they do look interesting all wriggling around together) and such but I feel like there are enough flies already, I don't need to actually encourage more!

I composted some of those seaweed snack sheets. It was a few days over the expiration. I may still have eaten it but it really did taste differently, so I thought -- everyone keeps talking about seaweed emulsions for the garden so I'll take this chance to put the seaweed snacks onto the compost pile.

o

I have a large creek that runs next to my backyard. It gets clogged with water hyacinth. I had a truckload of bagged leaves scavenged from my neighbors last fall.
Drug out a whole bunch of the water hyacinth and mixed it with the leaves. Now I've got three big piles of future compost waiting to rot.....and a real sore back!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soil Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here