Return to the Soil Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leafgro versus Clay Cutter

Posted by decogrl 7 (My Page) on
Mon, May 14, 12 at 20:56

What is the difference? Which would you use and what for? is one better than another?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leafgro versus Clay Cutter

I find Leafgro Compost aand Clay Cutter Compost so they both are compost and there would be, as best I can determine, little difference between them wexcpet possibly price. Both can be used to amend soils so plants can grow stronger and healthier then in unamended soil.

o

Clay cutter contains ashes. Sh!t Kimmsr, you could have googled that. So, clay cutter will have a tremendous effect on the pH, where as leafgro is straight and unadulterated compost. You're gettin sloppy Comrade! Time to bust out the Wild Turkey and just accept it, you post erroneous stuff daily but you are my comrade, for sure.

Mackel

o

Mackel, it's fine if you want to post info or objectively correct someone else's info. But the personal attacks are not in the spirit I would like to see here. JMHO.

o

Nothing is more personal than one's integrity.

Mackel

o

And when a poster daily cruises a board, for years and years, and offers faulty information regularly, not just once or twice, he or she wastes other's peoples's money, time, and efforts, call a spade a spade....for if the o.p. has close to neutral pH soil, she'd not only waste her money on an ashey compost, she'd potentially waste her entire garden for this year. And countless others, who don't understand yet the difference. How sweet is that? People in general these days have a very twisted morality and insist on sensitivity horseshit over veracity, and we are all stupider for it. Mud in your eye, Poster.

Mackel

o

I'll get back to the subject. OP- the clay cutter is designed only for soils with a pH below six. It will damage your soil if that is not the case. Stratight and unadulterated vegetative comopost such as leafgro are always the go to product without a soil test.

Mackel

o
One Last Thing...

It's hard to be funny when people get offended so easily nowadays. Man we live in a wussy world. I wish I had been born earlier. One last comment, Cruisader, the organic movement is being hijacked by envirnomental leftists. You can always spot 'em out cuz they generalize about every organic topic and when pressed, they have no specifics other than "it'll save our planet, man"- none of 'em are actual scientists, and most of 'em are armed with just enough information and predisposed to just enough fanatical reasoning, to turn many off from the entire concept. That's sad, if I were not a hard core organic guy already, I'd probbly think they're all a bunch of kewks.

Mackel

o

Leafgro appears to be composted leaves, so it would be like buying a bag of leaf mold which they sell locally at Sloat Garden Center. There are at least two things called Clay Cutter. One is sold by Park Seeds. Park seeds has not listed the ingredients. There is another one that says it has ash it in. I would call up Park Seeds and demand to know the ingredients. It is pretty expensive for such a tiny bag, so it had better just marvelous stuff without any sewage sludge.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clay Cutter Pro with Ash

o

Mackel, your infantile attempts at "humor" are more offensive then funny.
I did "google" Clay Cutter Soil Amendment and got some 8,999,000 hits so I did not ead each one and those I did read did not mention anything about the product containing ash.

o

You seem to be more concerned about your own tutu, Kimmsr, than other people's money, time, and efforts. What kind of lame excuse are you coming up with now- blaming google- your mother a hundred years ago should have taken you behind the woodshed and learnt you how to man up. May she rest in peace.

Mackel

o

The lesson here is never take any one person's word without doing some research before you add something to your garden that may distractedly change the ph. Maybe she wanted to get the Park Seed Brand which is the most common one. That one probably does not have any ash it in. But, I would not use without knowing the ingredients. Not all compost is the same. Different composts give different results.

o

Yikes, an angry gardener. You should see someone about that.

o

Hey Toxic

I am not angry, just pedantic, ironic, loving, and well versed in the sociology of the internet. I've never been booted from any forum and always have made a strong case for ideas. Integrity gets you places in life and in cyberspace. Only long time posters who abuse their trust get the short leash usually, along with the fanatic, the obtuse, and the charlatans with a commercial product. I have a very tough skin, and expect the same out of other men. Respect, begrudgingly or not, is something you gain from other men by acting like one. I believe in helping out ladies, but occasionally, men act like ladies and need a good tug on the leash. There is a very long history of Kimmmsr getting into it with the most respected posters on this site. I've read 'em all! ...lol... Gday, TC.

Mackel

o

Perhaps you don't realize how you sound.
A short list of highlights...

"sh!t"
"People have a twisted morality"
"sensitivity horseshit"
"wussy world"
"lame excuse"
"your mother should have taken you out behind the woodshed"

This is not the tone of the 'loving' person you claim to be.

o

Throw something in with your questions like comments regarding compost vs. clay-cutter, then we can chit-chat and remain on topic, Toxic. It is true, that I have lost my father, my brother, and now soon a good friend, in one year. But I have a family to feed, and a couple of daughters, and a wife that doesn't speak good english. So, I maybe grouchy. But I love soil, compost and mulch and have studied extensively the featured topic before I offer information to strangers...no?... You can juggle cain'cha TC? I thankyou in advance...need to go see an old friend... GDay.

o

That's funny that you changed his name to Toxic instead of Tox.

o

• Posted by pt03 2b Southern Manitob (My Page) on
    Thu, May 17, 12 at 23:45

Tox is one of the VoRs around here. Personally, I pay attention to what he says.

Lloyd

o

I am sorry for your losses, mackel.

Lloyd, back at ya.

o

Since we did hear back from OP we don't know that she was planning to use the more obscure clay cutter pro with the wood ash. So, one can't say she was going to ruin her garden, when she was probably thinking of the common one from park seeds. But, it was useful to give her the heads up anyway just in case. If people would post what kind of soil they have, and the ph more or less, and what they want to grow or are growing we could make better suggestions.

o

That's not in the newcomer's vocabulary. It's not even in the epertoire of some people that should know better...I nailed Kimmsr again to the church door in another thread today...I had to do it, he contradicted me on the English Language, and he didn't do research on the product being discussed, then he finished it by dispensing the "manifesto", you know, the ones that usually have numbers before them?...I hope that guy's not a politician...though I have thought about the possibilities...

Mackel

o

I researched "VoR"-

(Very High Frequency) Omni-directional Radio-range.

Bunny ears up,

Mackel

o

• Posted by pt03 2b Southern Manitob (My Page) on
    Fri, May 18, 12 at 17:06

That would be a VOR (all caps).

VoR is a Voice of Reason.

Lloyd

o

It seems like you guys enjoy fighting more then discussing soil.

o

Dang! I wanted an answer not a cat fight...take it somewhere else. Thanks to those who ANSWERED my question.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soil Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here