Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
klem1

I deserve the award

klem1
9 years ago

Well that is unless somone makes a better case than this. Mid-summer of 07 or 08 I spoted colorful plants in beds of a vacant office building while on my routine monthly vist. Annuals had long ago died and perrinial shrubs were wilting and bearly surviving the hot dry Tx weather. I had recently completed a bed at my home that was in need of a low maintanance plant. I finnaly pryed eight or ten plants from the hard cracked soil and transplanted to my new bed. When I constructed the bed I did so with the knowledge it would recive minium care. Dug 8" of compost and 2" of castings into top 12" of soil. From that summer to 2013 I lost 1 or 2 plants each year and propagated an equal number in pots to replace them. 2013 I said enough is enough and gave the bed almost as much attention but didn't replace strugling or dying plants. This spring one plant emerged and has reach about 3" tall. So what's the award I believe I deserve? The failure against all odds trophy unless youall have ever topped my failed attempt at growing,,,,,,,purple heart wandering jew. No I havn't nor do i plan a soil sample. IMO,any fool that can't stick that stuff in a freeway median and have it prosper shouldn't waste money trying to grow any thing.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living