Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lov2garden

Help make Organic Choice (Biostack) Composter Available Again!

lov2garden
9 years ago

This is the best ever composter for me! It is so good that some municipalities actually GAVE them to citizens to encourage more people to compost. It was originally sold as the Biostack composter by Smith & Hawken and later sold as Scotts 100164 Miracle-Gro Organic Choice Compost Bin. Scotts has not been offering it for quite some time.

I still have my two and love them to pieces. It's just so easy for me (5'5" female) to use them. I can actually turn the compost without a lot of effort. Even if you never turn the compost, it's such a piece of cake to get the compost OUT of it. Just remove the top stack and start shoveling, removing the other stack levels as you go.

I've been encouraging Scotts to make the Organic Choice available again or pass the patent onto to a company that will. The bottom line is the more requests they get, the more likely they will bring it back to market.

The biostack has had a strong following on this forum and many people were disappointed they couldn't get one anymore.

Please take a minute to email https://www.scotts.com/smg/templates/index.jsp?pageId=24900010&nodeId=7800006&;
AND specifically ask for the
Scotts 100164 Miracle-Gro Organic Choice Compost Bin
to be made available for purchase again.

There are many, many other composters out there to buy or DIY. I'm not saying this is the be all and end all way for everyone to compost or to start a discussion about the merits of each. But if you have one of these and are happy with it, please share your experiences. If you wish you had one, please email Scotts.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to use the Organic Choice Bin

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm