Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joyce91

Compost

Joyce91
9 years ago

Hello, I've been lurking here for a while because I started a compost pile back in April. I started with chopped Sea Grape Leaves, kitchen scraps and (thanks to you all) Starbucks coffee grounds. When summer rolled around I added grass clippings from the yard. I kept everything as wet as a wrung out sponge and turned every time I added., and tried not to sweat the small stuff.....and NOW I have beautiful, very dark, lovely smelling compost. I really thought this would take much longer, but I've got usable compost NOW. It must be my climate (West Central FL- closer to the equator and humid like you wouldn't believe). I'd like to thank all of you because as I did this, I would check back to this forum often and learned a lot. I'd wanted to start composting for a long while. Now I'm hooked. Soon the roses planted in my sand will have something that will catch some water and hold it for them. My part of Florida has an eighth of an inch of topsoil on top of sand. Thanks to all of you again.

Comments (4)