Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenfanatic2003

Burying my dog

gardenfanatic2003
12 years ago

My dog has lymphatic cancer, and has gotten very bad the last couple days. Monday I'm taking her to the vet to be put to sleep. I'd like to bury her, but want to make sure I do it right - as in, not creating a stink. She's a fairly big dog - 60lbs. I'm thinking I'll dig a hole a couple feet deep, put leaves in the bottom, and cover her with leaves before I put the dirt in.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Comments (125)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

We lost our last pet dog Candy in Jan of 2014...Then I lost my younger sister to cancer in May of 2014. She wanted us to have her dog Gracie so Gracie is with us now...

GRACIE: Goldendoodle

Candy the pet we lost last Jan...

• Ninkasi
    8 years ago

so kind of you Jim to take in Gracie-- I hope she helps to fill the hole left by your sister's and Candy's passing.

gardenfanatic2003 thanked Ninkasi
  • tempadime
    8 years ago

Lana - and everyone who chooses to give their pet palliative care towards a natural, non-suffering cross into the pure spirit energy,

With medicine today, I found our last year together to be beautiful and painless. My mobile Vet was skeptical at first, then learned to trust and support our daily routines to ensure Cooper's right to be old and be ill and be given the care that we give any other family member. She earned that respect. As you all know, they're clan and social creatures, like us. They partner with us, communicating more often better than many humans.

Cooper began to pass at 11:56pm Sunday, and was done by 1am. I had Valium on hand along with my arms and my ex's voice on speakerphone to remind her the whole way that she was safe and we wouldn't let her hurt (Valium is a must. I used 5mg, having already allergy tested her for it.) I looked into her eyes when she first got ill and reminded her we would always be together...and I told her to give her pain to me. Her heart, like ours, had a finite amount of beats. The usual killers: CKD, Dejenerative myelopathy were mitigated by correct food, correct food combinations, subcu fluids, Wheelcart, proper bedding, and love. She made it to 18yrs We got her from the shelter at 9 mos

Letting the baby, she was our last of 7, family member be old and occasionally ill to complete her amazingly full cycle here was the only way I could survive the agony of what would've been loss.

Odd as it may sound, we're merged. Now, as much as ever.

We've bought her a pine casket for the backyard service

Love and Thank you to all of you beautiful spirits who're making our world better,

Cooper Brown and Family

• Lana Huffstetler
    8 years ago

So sorry for the loss of your little one. I know what it is like to hold them while they transition from life to death and the pain that u feel. I am still enduring the grueling pain of the loss of my schnauzer to cancer on Oct 7th. He was only 9 and a half. I rescued him when he was 6 months old. I feel like he got stripped of still many good yrs. But cancer does not discriminate. Young or old has no meaning. I hope u find peace and comfort thr this difficult time.

With deepest sympathy

Lana

gardenfanatic2003 thanked Lana Huffstetler
  • Rachel Balow
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Hi everyone, Our very very very very dear friend sable had 6 siezures this week and has never had any before. :'( :'( That was really hard to watch her go through that. Thankfully they were only 1-2 minutes long I think....She seems to be doing so much better though the past two days!!!!!
    I have been giving her valerian root (anxiety seems to have triggered some of the siezures... :( ) And I am trying to find out if it would be okay to give her Arnica for pain in her joints... I LOVE HER SO MUCH. She is SO funny, sweet, unique, kind hearted, independent, and STRONG oh my goodness. She was run over by a family member by accident- TWO different occasions and survived and walks and runs still!!! She is 16/17 years old... haha we are trying to find her documentation to remember. Anyway, this week has been hard ! But I pray she still feels peaceful and comfortable as she seems better currently! I have hope! Anyway... just in case and to be prepared and informed, I am wondering if any of you have ideas of how to dig a hole in the winter, I want to dig it VERY deep like 4 feet or something. But what if the ground is so hard and frozen when God decides it's her time and He brings her to Him? I want to be able to do this the best we can. ... I don't know where to get big rocks... :/ ?

Also, I am not sure what to do because I really want to move out, but I am the one in our family who makes/has the most time to take care of her... I am really not sure what to do because I was hoping when I moved out I could bring her with me, but I think keeping her here at the homeplace is the best idea, but .. I am not sure what to do.

I teared up reading through all of your posts. You people are SO sweet and I signed up for houzz just so I could talk to all of you. Thank you for reading and your kindness in advance. Peace and joy to all of you and your friends during this season =).

P.s. I posted pictures of her and I; they show up in the message, but then when I click submit it isn't there...??

• gardenfanatic2003
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Last week I
    had to say goodbye to my sweet baby Missy (4/15/01-4/20/16). Missy, an Australian cattle dog/pit bull
    terrier mix, was high spirited and full of personality. Each of her eyes was half brown and half
    blue, which gave her a half-crazed look.
    Holly got her from some people in the Walmart parking lot who were
    giving away puppies. Missy was whining
    and crying, and feeling sorry for her, Holly decided to adopt her.

Missy was so little, she tripped over the grass when she ran
    around in the yard. I remember one time
    I was driving through downtown Lee’s Summit and while I was stopped at a stoplight,
    Holly drove through the intersection with her window down and Missy on her
    lap. Missy had her paws propped up and
    her sweet little puppy face peering out the window. She looked so cute!

When Missy got a little bigger (but still a puppy), she
    started herding Nala. Nala, our 5 year
    old Chow/retriever mix, was easy-going and went along with it. It was hilarious to see a puppy herd a grown
    dog around the yard!

Once Missy was fully grown, she started jumping on the
    trampoline; sometimes with the kids, sometimes by herself. It’s a good thing she didn’t realize she
    could’ve easily jumped our chain link fence, because she loved to get out and
    run. And when Missy got out, you might
    as well forget about calling for her because she’d just laugh at you and keep
    running. The only way I could catch her
    was to hop in my car, drive it to where she was and open the passenger door and
    yell, “Come on Missy, let’s go for a ride!”
    She loved riding in the car, and she’d fall for that one every time.

Despite Missy’s intimidating appearance, she loved
    people. However, when the mail carrier came
    she turned into a protector, snarling and lunging at the door. One time when she was doing that, her paw hit
    the door handle just right. Missy flew
    out the door and the lady mail carrier froze.
    Looking terrified, she grabbed her mace out of her pocket. But Missy was gone by then – she was so
    excited to be free, she started running full tilt down the street.

There are many more stories I could tell about Missy…she was
    beloved by our family and will be sadly missed.
    I’ve cried many tears in the past week.

Missy (on the right) with Nala, the subject of my original post, the day before Nala went to the Rainbow Bridge.

• Linda Carter
    7 years ago

I was searching for ideas for the top of my beloved Sugar's grave and came upon this site. I loved reading all the stories from people who had a deep abiding love for his/her pet as I did. Someone wrote those if you've never loved an animal, it's hard to comprehend this type of unconditional love. That is so true. It is very much like losing a family member. Our Sugar was so loving, patient, and caring. The pain truly is deep. I'm still looking for ideas for the top of her grave, which is outlined with smooth, round carefully selected stones. We found a website specializing in pet memorials and I found a beautiful one which reads, "If tears were a ladder and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again." Much love to all who have lost a piece of their heart.

gardenfanatic2003 thanked Linda Carter
  • clark4law
    7 years ago

I am so sorry for all of you and share your pain....it is a terrible experience and I still sob when I think of the pups I've lost. However, my little Red, the one I arranged ahead of time and held for several hours gives me more peace then those terified faces in pain I saw before, or leaving my beloved pet at the vet alone to have the cremation center pick him up alone on a cold table...horrible thoughts.

Today I raked the leaves off of Reds little monumont area. All my other pets are cremated and their ashes will go with me. Red is buried but he is wr4apped up in a carefully enclosed package so that when my time comes, my family cn dig him up and send him off with me....or even if I move, he can came with me.

Dogs are better than us, they are truly gifts from heaven and are sent here to determine what sort of humans we really are...when one one is loking. They reveal our hearts to God. I choose to believe my pets are at the Rainbow Bridge or somewhere siular and will wait for me there. My pets will advocate for my way into Heaven....may sound silly to most but that's what I believe. Sorry for your pain...It's terrible. HUGS

gardenfanatic2003 thanked clark4law
  • Lana Huffstetler
    7 years ago

I am once again touching base with all of u who have recently lost your beloved baby. I wrote in here last October when I lost my beautiful baby Fritze to cancer. He was 9 1/2 still full of love and life untill the cancer took over. He died in my arms. The heart wrenching pain still torments me as I think about him everyday. I was once told they r Happy to leave their physical body and go on to a better place but it is still hard for me to be without him. Although I still have 3 othere dogs, a cat and 2 horses that I love dearly the voidance in my heart can never be filled. So when my work is done here on earth I know my fur babies will be there at the rainbow bridge to take me home. Fritze lives forever in my heart and so do yours. God bless u all for we all share the same loss and pain.

• clark4law
    7 years ago

Every time I look at this site I find myself sobbing. I feel all of your pain....it's beyond painful. Much love to all of you.

• clark4law
    7 years ago

Oh, and there's that adorable little Fritze face again along with all the other beautiful, beloved friends I see here. Wish you all lived close so we could hang out and be with each other...."like minded people". Take care all of you....you are all very kind people with big loving hearts. Laurie

• blazeaglory
    7 years ago

I feel the same way about this thread!! I want to say thank you to all the pet owners who have lost a loved one/pet here! Stay strong and remember we will be reunited with our pets one day!

gardenfanatic2003 thanked blazeaglory
  • Lana Huffstetler
    7 years ago

It would be nice to be able to meet and hang out to help us bring peace and comfort in our hearts. Like u said Laurie .... like minded people it is us who truly understand the bond and the love we have with our fur babies and the pain we share of the loss. Hugs to all of You.

• tempadime
    7 years ago

"Clark Kent"

Senior shepherd found dumped at a shelter. Rescued so he could be clean, warm, safe, and loved while he made his transition into pure energy.

The sweetest angel boy

gardenfanatic2003 thanked tempadime
  • beebeesmom
    7 years ago

As I sit and type, I cry for the love of Ms Bee Bee she passed away last night and I am so lost for words. Ms Bee Bee is a tea cup English Bulldog that we rescued. She had been in a puppy mill most of her life and at the time of adoption did not have any playful skills and was very shy to humans. Over the past 2 years we had gotten her to play with a toy twice and she had become part of our family with her cheerful eyes and love of attention. I will miss my beloved and I know she will miss us. It's so hard to loose a member of the family we will always be her furever home as we lay her to rest in our back yard. Some don't seem to understand my pain, As I miss her so much...below is my baby, how could you not love that face..... Furever in my heart, so sorry to see you go away, so painful to awake this morning and your not here, but joy comes in the morning as I know I will see you again my love......

your furever mom!!! Rest in peace my lady.

gardenfanatic2003 thanked beebeesmom
  • Linda Carter
    7 years ago

Your ms bee bee is so precious. My heart breaks for you tonight as it did when I lost my Sugar. You are so right that few realize or understand what you are going through. I will always remember what I read once that a part of man's soul is only awakened when he loves an animal. This means that those who read and relate to the many comments on this site are special people. The pain does dissipate somewhat but the memories and longing to have them by your side does not. My husband and I can only now after 5 months talk about Sugar without sobbing uncontrollably. Her grave is our special place. Her stone reads if tears were a ladder and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you back again. That says it all for all of us. Peace be with you.

gardenfanatic2003 thanked Linda Carter
  • Lana Huffstetler
    7 years ago

I feel your pain onecaldwell and every one else's that has lost their furbaby. My heart breaks everytime I read about someone that has just lost their baby. I to found this sight last Oct. When I lost my Fritze to cancer. It does help to talk to other people that r like us who loved their furbaby unconditionally as they love us unconditionally. But no words can take away your pain and your sorrow. Even time will not heal your wound and the voidance in her broken heart, it just helps us to deal with the pain easier. I know because I still cry for my little Fritze everyday. The only thing that gives me peace and comfort is knowing that we will be together again when my time is done here on earth. And I do believe our fur babies r in heaven, the Bible tells us that. Revelations 5:8-13 All creatures regoniz Jesus as the Savior of t

he world and praise God right along with redeemed men.

Romans 8:19 KJV The Lesser creatures await Christs return to redeem the sons of God as they too will be released from physical death to eternal life. I hope and pray u find peace and comfort in your journey ahead. Our fur babies may not be with us physically but they live forever in our hearts. God bless.

• Lana Huffstetler
    7 years ago

7 years ago

14 years ago I really disliked cats but my wife talked me into getting two sister kittens... Our one cat cagney curled up near my legs for most of those 14 years and now she in renal failure so we are caring for her until the time comes when we must put her to rest...

I understand what you all go through when a pet is lost..

gardenfanatic2003 thanked jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
  • Lana Huffstetler
    7 years ago

I remember u very well clark4law and all your kind words. The pain of loosing our fur babies is so gut wrenching because they r a part of us and they love us with a love that we will never know with no other. They bring us so much happiness in a way that no one else can. Even only people were like animals, but even the best of the kindest people can never love unconditionally like our fur babies. I wish all of u peace and comfort. Our love ones wait for us at the rainbow bridge. ♡♡♡♡

7 years ago

We lost 4 pet dogs since 2000... Victor (2000), Brandi (2005) ,Sparky (2009), and Candy (2014)...I still miss them all very much! Such loyal companions and just plain part of the family!

• Lana Huffstetler
    7 years ago

I understand completely. I lost my 17 yr old shih tzu Nov 011, my 17 yr old part chow/spitze in 014, my 31 yr old Arabian I had for 23 yrs in Sept 015, and then my 9 1/2 yr old schanizer 3 weeks later to cancer. Very devastating. There is not a day goes by I don't she'd a tear. The pain and the hurt never leaves, each healing day just helps make it a little easier to deal with. But Each and everyone of them live in my heart. ♡♡♡

• beebeesmom
    7 years ago

Amazing.... Each of you, thank you so much for acknowledging Ms Bee Bee and my pain of her passing. Each sunrise bring new challenges as I wake each morning with her memories fresh in my mind. ( I swear at times I can still hear her dragging her nails on the wood floors as she moves across the floor down stairs). Last night was tuff as I dreamed she was at the back door covered in dirt as if she had climbed from her final resting place and we had made a horrible mistake. Morbid I know but it was so vivid all I could do is cry in silence so today I went and picked out a marker very appropriate for the occasion " You left us so suddenly, no time to say goodbye, you were here for a season and only God knows why" Thank you all and May God keep his loving hand on each of you to ease your pain of loosing your fur babies. Perhaps one day I can be as each of you and offer comfort to other fur moms and dads during their time of need.

God did indeed Bless fur babies......and their families.

gardenfanatic2003 thanked beebeesmom
  • clark4law
    7 years ago

I'm realizing that I need to stop in here occasionally and just say hello. We are like minded people and provide great support for each other....wow, that's priceless! Lana I had no idea you went through all of that...I'm speechless. Losing the little pup was terrible enough. We love them and lose them due to their short lives and some of the horrible things that happen to them. I'm on a train and don't want to start sobbing so I'll end this here. Hang in there all you amazing humans...we'll see our buddies again somewhere on this journey...I have to believe that. Much love to you all, Laurie

• torchtig
    7 years ago

I have a 60 lb dog who passed of old age. My question is I'm planning to bury him at the base of my 100 yr old oak tree. So I m wondering if that will harm my tree. Second is it safe to place his body in a trash bag? Will the bag harm my tree. Thank you for all input

• Michelle Moon-Dennis
    7 years ago

Thank you all. I now feel much more comfortable about what I have to do Friday. A acquaintance of mine left his dog with me. She is very old and not doing very well. We are attached to her, but we know she is in allot of oain daily. She has lumps everywhere and on her right side the lump is so huge that she has a hard time walking and breathing. He was supposed to put her down last month, but never did. He has not called ir nothing. So we are going too do it Friday. She is in so much pain and we can't watch her suffer anymore. She falls allot and can't get up. We are going to make her a doggy cake, this way all our dogs can have some. She will be having a steak dinner tomorrow and Friday bacon and eggs before we take her in to put her down. She is so loving and still smiles threw the pain. The kids are going to draw her pictures tomorrow. We can't afford a casket nor can we make one. So have to do plastic bag. :( She will be missed. Was gonna do a 4-5 foot hole to be safe, between 2 baby vherry trees.

7 years ago

Sorry you have to put your dog down Michelle Moon-Dennis....They are like family...

• clark4law
    7 years ago

Yes indeed, it is a terrible thing to lose a pup. When I buried my little Red a few months ago, I put him in carefully sealed plastic so he could be removed and placed with me when I go. All my other dogs had been cremated and I have instructions to send their ashes off with mine but I kept Red at home here with me. I couldn't bear the thought of sending him off to be cremated. So sorry about your loss...it takes a lot of time to heal. Hi Jim...hope you are well

• clark4law
    7 years ago

Hi Lana and all my other wonderful friends on this site. With all my heart I hope you are all well and had a good summer. I think of you all often...when all the terrible things are happening in the news I remember that there are amazing, loving people out there too. Take care and be safe! Much love to you all..

• brandinola504
    7 years ago

Of came across this forum last night and read every post. I cried and smiled, rinsed and repeated. I lost my 12-year-old Shih Tzu yesterday. We had to bring him to the vet to be put down. He was perfectly normal, until he began to lose weight at a rapid pace. The vet ran all types of tests and discovered that he had severe anemia. He didn't even make it a month after his diagnosis. We wanted him to go naturally, but we woke up yesterday morning to him not moving. He was coherent mentally, but physically his body was gone...he couldn't even lift his head. We knew he had to be put down by the vet to save him from any more pain.

We're crushed. This dog has made it through Hurricane Katrina with us, and has been in our lives for over a decade. My female is hurting more than any of us. When we brought his body back home, she lied on top of his body and would not move. She loved him, but she always wanted her space from him. When he fell ill, she knew. She began to sleep next to him and stood by his side. But yesterday after he was gone, she climbed on his body as if he was a bed. She's so depressed right now and it's hard to watch.

We buried him in the yard and plan to look for what to cover the grave site with at LOWES over the weekend. This pain stings so badly.

• Lana Huffstetler
    7 years ago

Brandinola I am soooo sorry for your loss. Every time i go on here and read about someone loosing their fur baby I cry. I also lost one of mine last Oct. 2015..I was hurting so bad that is how I found this Web site. I was looking for comfort , peace. I just wanTed the pain to go away. I wrote on here also about my little Fritze . How he died in my arms. He had cancer and I knew I only had a few hours or days with him after bringing him home from the hospital and being diagnosised with cancer. He also had been loosing weight and was anemic. My plans were to have him put to sleep at home when the time came. And in my heart I knew after only having him home for 7 days it was time but I waited and I found him unconcious . I called my vet to come so he could have a peaceful death but he passed within 20 minutes. I've always had mine put to sleep but I waited to Long for Fritze. I was thankful I got to hold him and love him during his transition but it will haunt me the rest if my life. I think about him everyday. They say time heals everything but for me I don't think it can heal a broken heart only help u deal with it a little easier. I had him cremated just like I have my other fur babies. i.also had a Shizshuz for 16 yrs and had him put to sleep in November of 011. He was also very special to me. i do know that gut wrenching pain u r feeling and it is almost unbearable. My heart goes out to u and I hope u can find peace and comfort . But just know that your little one is pain free now and waiting for u at the rainbow bridge. They r always watching over us and they will live forever in our hearts. ♡♡♡♡

7 years ago

So sorry for your loss brandinola504! My condolences!

I have all our pets we lost buried in the back yard... Miss them all even to this day!

• yugoslava
    7 years ago

After reading about pets others have lost, I don't feel badly about missing my kitty. People laughed at me for grieving over a cat. My cat was my friend, my companion and constant presence, and I loved him dearly. He knew he was loved. He was replaced by a rescue cat, Rocky. He's 14 yrs. old and in good health. Whenever I am away from home for a few hours he greets me at the door and we spend a few minutes cuddling, he smells my breath, rubs himself against my legs and then we proceed to the rest of the house. I often say he greets me better than some people.

7 years ago

yugoslava, we have a cat right now who is in renal failure and getting worse and I'm sick over it...Cagney our cat has slept next to my legs for 14 years now and followed me around everywhere SO I'm going to miss her as much as I miss all of our dear pet deceased dogs when shes gone...I understand completely what your saying...

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your cat yugoslava!

• yugoslava
    7 years ago

Don't laugh, my kitty sleeps on the couch in the family room during the day. In the evening he rotates between my room and my sons'. My son leaves his door ajar, I on the other hand use an old credit card which I slip in the door so kitty can push the door with his head. I don't even hear him when he comes in. He sleeps by my feet and whoever gets up first he goes out. Opportunist!

7 years ago

LOL yugoslava on the credit card in the door...Pets are great aren't they... :-) So sad to lose them though..

• clark4law
    7 years ago

Hello old friends and new friends, You have found like minded people here and people who share your grief. There is nothing like the pain of losing your pets. The pain stays but does become more tolerable with time. Years after, I still get teary when talking about my babies. Much love and peace to you.

• yugoslava
    7 years ago

Since we are writing about pets, I will admit that every dog coming by knows me. I enjoy giving them a cuddle. They like me and I like them. Kids and pets, nothing better!

• yugoslava
    7 years ago

Thanks Jim! On subject of pets. Last week in Toronto, a dog walker had 16 dogs in the vehicle. which was parked, with engine running to provide ventilation. Someone jumped in the vehicle and drove off, dogs included. It happened during the day, fortunately vehicle was found by evening. by people passing by, who heard barking. Until the dogs were found, pet owners were crying and most upset. Anyway, all ended well. Dogs and owners were reunited, and there were lot of tears of joy! For a few hours, anyone who follows news and heard of missing dogs waited in anticipation. The news was on the radio, TV, in the papers. Where would we be without pets?

7 years ago

Great story yugoslava! Thanks for sharing as I did not hear about it...

• yugoslava
    7 years ago

Glad you enjoyed it! Which brings me to another matter concerning pets. Animal abuse. We are looking after homeless cat, we even put up shelter with heating mat by the back door. My son took the cat to the vet on Saturday, because the cat had an eye infection. It was quite expensive. People look after their animals, mourn them, love them. And then there are others who treat animals with utter disregard for pain and suffering they inflict on them, A lot of sick people in our midst. I grew up without pets. About 19 or 20 years ago, my younger son was visiting someone whose cat just had kittens. My son brought a kitten home, and that's how I got a cat. We had the kitty for 7 years. The smart ass cat learned to open screen door, and on August 7, 2007, about 8pm he slipped out and was killed not far from home. I mourned that animal for 11 months, and then I went to Animal Shelter and got my present pussycat, he's been with us ever since. All I can say is he's loved, but I still call him a bum!

7 years ago

Animal abuse is sickening! A Good thing your doing with the homeless cat! :-) Thanks for sharing!

• star_oldham
    7 years ago

Loosing a love one before, during,or after the Christmas holiday is so so hard. But we are about to put our sweet very loveable and loyal of 19years Ms. Aspen to sleep tomorrow night.

And in trying to prepare ourselves to do this has been the hardest first time event, we have ever had to endure. Not that we haven't gone through the devastation and heart break of loosing one of our fur babies before, they all passed away at home and on their own. Having to take this baby in to her vetinarys office to have her put to sleep, seems to be harder to deal with,even though we know that it's what we need to do, so she will no longer be in pain and suffering and we keep telling ourselves we've been really lucky to have had the chance to be her parents and part our family for this many year's and she lived a very happy and fulfilled life, and because we do love her with all hearts and soles, we know this is the right decision and it's just time. It still not making it any easier to prepare for. Ms. Aspen is our little s Shih Tzu girl, and my husband and I to know and fall in love with her and her other siblings when about 3 or 4 months old, our neighbors had this litter of pups and had to leave town for unforseen reasons during the Thanksgiving holiday and need to have someone they felt and knew they could trust watch this little bunch of boys and girl babies for them, and of course we said yes. Or should I say, I said yes, and even though he's my husband now but was my boyfriend/ fiance, at the time and though I absolutely had lost my mind for saying yes, pretty much went along with my decision. And needles to say that by the time our neighbors returned home had fallen head over heels in love with all these little boys and the only little girl there was just as much as I had. So when asked which one we wanted to keep in exchange for puppy sitting we chose the biggest boy out of the bunch, and we named him Titian.

Well the neighbors gave the rest of the boys away and ended up keeping the little girl and after awhile it to be that she would come over everyday to play with her brother, so when got ready to move from Washington state back to TN we decided we couldn't separate brother and sister so we begged the neighbors to let have their little girl and after thinking it over for about a week they agreed to let us have her. And she been with us ever since. She's out lived her brother by almost 3 years. Which is amazing considering she started out as the smallest one and has struggled with far more health issues than Titian ever had. So she's definitely been a strong fighter, but just in the past month we've noticed the fight and will to live has been and is becoming harder and harder everyday for her. She struggles to eat and the only water we can get in to her system is through her food, she can not hardly see or hear she's got no control over her bowled or Blatter and can't hardly stand or walk. So it's not easy to say goodbye but we know in our hearts it's time. But it sure sucks big time. So please we're asking that everyone, if you know us or not, to keep all of our family lifted up in prayer through out this Christmas holiday, but especially tomorrow night. Thank you and God bless you and your family and Merry Christmas to all as well. The Oldham Family Nashville TN.

• Lana Huffstetler
    7 years ago

My heart is breaking right now for u. what a beautiful story. I do know that heart wrenching pain all to well. I've have lost my fur babies over the past few yrs. Last year I lost my 9 1/2 yr old Schnauzer to cancer. He died in my arms. 3 weeks prior to that I had to put my 31 yr old Arabian horse to sleep. I had her for 28 yrs. then yr before that I had to put my 17 yr old girl to rest. Making that decision is the most difficult thing a person can ever go thr but I knew in my heart it was the last best gift I could give her to give her peace and comfort . Then Nov of 2011 I had to put my 16 yr old shizshuz to rest. U have been so blesses to have your little girl 19 yrs. I know how hard it is to say goodbye . I still think about all my fur babies . people say it will get easier but what they don't understand our babies r family . They aren't just a dog they r our true children . I still have the same pain and I still miss them everuday. the only thing time has done for me is make it a little easier to handle. Hard to mend a broken heart . I will be thinking of u and your family and praying for u that God will lay his healing hands on u and give u strength thr this difficult time. I'm so sorry. please tell your little girl when she gets to the rainbow bridge to tell Meko, Poo Bear, Nizzara, and Fritze I miss them and love them very much.

Huggs to you and your family. ♡♡

7 years ago

So sorry star_oldham! Yes a beautiful story! My prayers are with you!

I had to go 3 times now to the Vets to put a family pet to rest. I cried like a baby each time so god bless you star_oldham!

• Erik Garza
    7 years ago

As i type this i cant stop weeping its funny when u have something and its gone in a blink of an eye my 6 yr old boston terrier mix went to the the holy kingdom today he was hit by a truck im so devastated but i know everything happens for a reason

7 years ago

So sorry for your loss Erik Garza! Very sad!

• Yugoslava
    6 years ago

I can't believe this is still being read. However, there have been some changes. Only today I spent several hours at the vet. Kitty is 16 years old. Early this morning kitty was sleeping in its litter box. After searching for information, it turns out cats will do that when not feeling well. It's the first time we saw him do that. At the clinic the vet didn't find anything, blood work was done and it's good, also an ex-ray. That was also alright. When we were done I felt exhausted so was the kitty. He's resting in the sun at the moment.