Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deltaohioz5

Leaf truck takes a dump

deltaohioz5
17 years ago

After three years of composting the leaves I screen the the compost and use it in my soil mix for my nursery.

{{gwi:315170}}

{{gwi:315171}}

{{gwi:315172}}

Comments (9)

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

Beautiful!

• remuda1
    17 years ago

Let me just say that you are very fortunate that you don't live down the road from me. I have two front end loaders and camo gear. No way I could resist a little stealth leaf collecting in the middle of the night <: sorry......i think i took of my senses there for a moment lol apologize and keep day job too.>That's a wonderful setup you have. I can only imagine the benefit your business gets from it. Good on you for not letting all of that go to the landfill. Sure wish you lived a little closer :)

Kristi

P.S. It does kinda look like a big caterpillar pooing.

• albertar
    17 years ago

That is absolutely georgous, sure wish I had even half the space in my yard for something like that, :)
    I've got a measley 1/4 acre (standard in this residential area) and haul bags of other peoples leaves, including my own to mulch with and compost with. Thanks for posting those pictures.
    Alberta

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    17 years ago

Ah... You make me drool!!!

• jeannie7
    17 years ago

Ah......so you're the one with the 85 bags of leaves.
    From the looks of it, you did a pretty job of using them.

• deltaohioz5
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kristi, be careful I have a guard dog.

{{gwi:315173}}

• remuda1
    17 years ago

Thanks for the heads up on the watch dog. I'll wear knee boots now :). Here's my watch dog.... Ya only need ankle boots for him!

{{gwi:315174}}

Take care, Dude. Thanks for the chuckle and Happy Holidays.

Kristi

• shellva
    17 years ago

ROFL @ Kristi! It DOES look like a caterpillar taking a poo!

I must be a sick and twisted individual. I found the pictures of the leaves to be just as beautiful as any photo of a flower bed in full bloom.

I'm also envious of your set-up there Dude. Here I am traveling 38 miles to gather wet bags of leaves off the curb and then hauling them back home. Your way is so much easier! Lucky you!

Michelle

• mogardener
    17 years ago

You folks with your guard dogs! I had to run to town this morning and on a whim, took our GSD, all 115# of her, with me. Since I was in the truck, I couldn't resist the bags of leaves on the side streets of my route and even put one in the cab's front seat with me. I didn't think Sassy would appreciate having to share the rest of her backseat considering the winter emergency gear I have stowed there with a bag of leaves. As it was, I got 17 contractors size bags, 5 bigger clear bags and 3 30 gal size bags. I was so proud of my haul until I saw this thread. Can you suffer from leaf envy?

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner