Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dlpasti

OK composters, what are your Christmas Desires?

dlpasti
15 years ago

I'd love a thermometer(compost style) Mr Santa if you could please.

Any other toys you happen to have extra's laying arround, tiller, tools, lawn mower, etc are good too!

Thank you Mr Santa Clause

Dennis

Comments (14)

• kqcrna
    15 years ago

Summer weather. In December, January, February... We got our first snow today, one inch. I collected a bucket of grounds from the coffee shop today but have yet to make it to the compost with them. I hate winter!

Karen

• luv_daises
    15 years ago

Dear Santa Claus,
    Please, please give me a twin compost tumbler. I promise I was good allllllllllllllll year. lol

• bradley787
    15 years ago

Dear Santa,

I would like some red wigglers for Christmas and for my St. Augustine to grow thick and green and beautiful next year with ONLY the rain from the sky and not my metered water.

Jennifer

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    15 years ago

Dear Père Noel,

I would like a bale of Promix potting soil for Winter Sowing after the holidays.

I would also like a beautiful day such as today so that after the rush of the morning I can go out and play in my compost while watching the squirrel tease my dog and the birds feeding on the treats I have set out for them. In other words, have some quiet time for reflection.

That's not too much to ask, eh there big guy?

• takadi
    15 years ago

If I had thousands of dollars, I'd probably buy one of those biochar makers. Oh god I'd love one of those.

But I'd probably settle for a can o' worms worm bin

• gnomey
    15 years ago

I almost forgot until Tiffy mentioned it, but I really could use a couple bales of ProMix too, if they'll fit on the sleigh. And the heavy duty paper shredder so my fingers won't cramp.

Thanks Santa!

• digdirt2
    15 years ago

I'm easy. A couple of crates of rotten lettuce heads would come in handy right now. Anything I can use as a 'green' will do. ;)

Dave

• idaho_gardener
    15 years ago

I'm still holding out for a Troy Bilt chipper/shredder that will chip 3" branches. I'd like to start mixing wood chips into my compost.

• kiddo_1
    15 years ago

Hello Idaho. I have (but haven't used for years) a RotoHoe (sp?) chipper shredder. I would chip up brush and small branches and add the chips to my compost piles. They weren't big piles, by the way, only about 1 cuyd. After annual sifting out those same wood chips, I stopped adding them to the pile. Funny though. When I use the same wood chips for mulch, they seem to break down much faster. Go figure. :-/
    Kris

• greenm_sia
    15 years ago

I wish I could have broccoli seed and some salad seed as well as a thermometer. Where is Santa Claus coming? :-)

• val_s
    15 years ago

I'd like a chipper\shredder and a bigger shed to store everything in. Not gonna happen but I can dream.

Val

• joepyeweed
    15 years ago

A case of clementines.... lots of peelings.

• annpat
    15 years ago

I'll be getting lots of lobster shells on Christmas Eve or I'd ask for that. I guess what I'd like is two or three compost bins, all filled up and with the proper ratios.

• skipp
    15 years ago

TIME!

Time to be able to go out a work the garden/landscape when I want to. Time to clean out my garage and shed and build those much needed shelves. Time to shred the bags and bags of leaves that now occupy my patio. Time to sit back and enjoy the work that I've done.

Above all else, Time!