Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roorezzi

need inspiration and advice on front walkway

roorezzi
17 years ago

Please help!! I am clueless on what to do with this entry walkway. Here is a link to my Front Entry Album

Here is some background: The bed is 18 ft long and about 7.5 ft deep. We are planning on ripping out the RR ties and making a stone walkway. We are not sure if we want to do a straight L path to the front or a slight curved edge. I am leaning towards curving it a little. What materials.. I like flagstone - but a smaller stone and not the very large stones. What else could we use????

We have only lived here for a year and are ready to make the outside look more inviting. The old owners neglected the outside and we had to rip out some dying bushes.

We want to do the garden section under the large window of our EIK area. I do want to do maybe azaleas and other perrenials or bushes. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. I am not sure how large anything will get. I don't want something that looks crowded or too sparse. The front gets sun in the AM - Mid afternoon.

We also want to put a small section of stone for a base for a bench to go somewhere under the smaller front window. We spend a lot of time int he front b/c thats where our doggie plays.

We also want to replace the shutters this summer. We are thinking a forest green color. I hope it looks ok with the brown trim (I HATE BROWN TRIM) but we have no choice in the matter right now. We will also be getting a screen door. One that is either full length or almost full length. Probobly brown.. I am not sure if the green will look ok.. we may paint the door green though..??

Also if anyone has pics of stone paths/walkways that are more natural and not pavers.. I would love to see them for inspiration.

Thanks in Advance!!

Ruth

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor