Return to the Gardening with Stone Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to do with small leftover flagstone pieces

Posted by lauraleame (My Page) on
Mon, May 22, 06 at 13:51

New to this board. Hope I'm in the right place. We had a pool installed with flagstone and have lots of small pieces left. These might be 2" by 12" pieces, some bigger, some smaller. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for using them before I discarded. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to do with small leftover flagstone pieces

You could edge a garden with overlapping pieces. All my gardens are edged with flat pieces of granite.

o

Consider building a planter or two to match the pavement.

o

• Posted by xcaret Calgary Alberta (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 7, 06 at 3:03

The website I am sending along is ,among other things, a school teaching how to make murrals from pieces of rock such as yours .You may need several colors .It's like doing mosaic but less teadious I would imagine ..Anyways the website is worth viewing as there is a great murral of an oldtime miner on the first page .
Neil

http://www.naturalstonesite.com/training.php?course=4

o
Which do I build first ? Stone wall or flagstone patio

I am building a flagstone patio with a rock wall around 3/4's of it. Do I build the wall first or do I lay the flagstone patio first? The patio is about 10X10, and the rock wall is approx 1 1/2" high. The patio will be irregular in shape. Thank you, sandra

o

I would lay the patio first to avoid a lot of flagstone cutting.

o

First off, in response to the July 23rd question I'd say to mainly be sure you don't end up with your wall sitting on top of your patio. What comes first depends on your design, and you haven't given enough information.

But then, it bears repeating: if you have a new question, start a new thread.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening with Stone Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here