Return to the Gardening with Stone Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Online Bluestone Patio Design program

Posted by Splashloft z6PA (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 8, 05 at 14:59

I'm looking for an online program or download to design a pattern Bluestone patio. I have customers that would like me to print out a patio for them with sizes, qty. needed and the pattern to follow. We have patterns here that are interlocking, but some customers want to see their whole patio laid out.

If anyone can send me a useful link I would really appreciate it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Online Bluestone Patio Design program

www.asla.org or com

a landscape architect can lay out many patterns for you and taylor the design to the site.

otherwise your clients will be served up just another cookier cutter design.

why invest in such a lovely material and the high labor costs for installation and then install some design that no thought was given to the specific project.

o

You don't have to be an "architect" to look at a "cookie cutter" design and determine if you like it or not or to see what kind of designs are available. I haven't seen any on-line programs for bluestone, I'm still looking.

o

Stone suppliers wil usually be able to provide pattern layouts for bluestone patios etc. though they're usually laid out for a repeating 10' x 10' grid. Online try www.backbaystone.com and www.vincistone.com

Here is a link that might be useful: finestonemasonry

o

http://www.pennsylvaniabluestone.com/bluestone_patio_designer/
is a beta we wrote from dhtml but
http://www.pennsylvaniabluestone.com/johnson/patterns/flagstonepattern1ag.html
shows patterns and animation to fit the pattern together

Here is a link that might be useful: online patio designer

o

This worked for me:

Here is a link that might be useful: Driveway and Patio designer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening with Stone Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here