Return to the Gardening with Stone Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another load of Potatoes!!

Posted by iancc (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 31, 05 at 19:30

Another load of Potatoes!!

this was a scene out of the movie deliverance as the story goes!

http://www.sunderland.ca/img_0852aa.jpg

-Seen remenants of stone from roadside (Limestone Caprock)
-Thought I would investigate No Tresspassing signs and large dogs!!!
-Found a phone # - and called
-Found a reasurring voice on the other end said might sell to you if your worthy
-Arranged visit (wore flak jacket in case)
-Real nice stone, proprioters well okay for now theyr sitting on a landscape gold mine.
-Success they will sell to me because I am a hack (landscape grunt)
-Arrange truck and phone to explain not to shoot I come with $$
-DE-BRIEF the trucker to forget about Quarry wearabouts or he will suffer the my wrath
-truck gets loaded all fine and landed at jobsite

MORAL OF THE STORY

If you want premium stone eliminate the middleman kiss up to the red neck quarry owners arrange your own truck and last but not least pay 50 % of list

Chears

~ian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another load of Potatoes!!

what a find !!!!!!!!!!
I'm so totalllllllly envious.
Great looking rock.

Don't disappoint me Ian with it's final outcome.
I can't wait to see how you use this stone .

gorgeous.

o

Hey Mitch

Will be using these stones to construct 2 separate staircases+transitions up from the lake, Going to start getting cold up here in the North so I will post some pic's once completed.

PS I ordered that stone sealer you mentioned in an earlier post (ProSoCo)

thanks for the lead
~ian

o

Can't wait to see the pics. We just had 23 Ton of flagstone delivered, arranged our own delivery with the quarry owners and paid 1/2 of cost locally. I spend my mornings digging out sod, need to see your pics so I can get some inspiration to continue projects.

o

Ian, congratulations on that superior load of potatoes! They are drop-dead gorgeous. We've never met a rock we didn't like. ;-)

Good luck with getting your project done before the snow flies, time grows short up here too. Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening with Stone Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here